KEY SITES STUDENTS SHOULD KNOW TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH COVID-19 UNI NEWS.
As we continue to adjust to the ‘new norm’, coronavirus is the lens we’re looking through. In times of isolation, it can be easy to forget that there are a WEALTH of resources, people willing to help, to connect, and to guide you through this uncertain period.
That’s why i’ve compiled a COVID-19 resource megathread. Below is a list of ALL the uni-specific COVID-19 related links and resources that students can use! For general wellbeing advice, check out this post.
University of Auckland
- UOA Master Update Site: UoA regularly updates on the virus and how it’s affecting the university, it will update what that means for your studies in the link.
- Coronavirus student support page: Range of resources and information from financial hardship advice to study plan guides.
Auckland University of Technology
- AUT Master Update Site: AUT students can access a centralised page for COVID-19 that links up ALL the useful information and advice for students. This includes vice chancellor announcements and their R U OK online service.
- AUT App: Keeps you up-to-date with guidance on self-care, wellbeing, and how you can stay connected during this time.
University of Waikato
- UoW Master Update Site: Waikato uni has the hands down most easy-to-navigate page. Set up in a FAQ style, it provides in-depth information about specific areas of university life.
- Coronavirus questions and answers sheet in Mandarin
- General information: For staff, students, parents, and supporters of UoW.
- Massey Master Update Site: Information about study changes, studying online, and how to access student services. Regular updates also via Steam.
- A new grant to assist students suffering hardship due to the impact of COVID-19 has been announced. For more details visit the MUSA website.
Victoria University of Wellington
- VuW Master Update Site: Guidance on the outbreak’s impact on university study and how to keep yourself and others safe.
- Information for thesis students: Advice on accessing facilities, extensions, and submission for graduates.
- International student advice: For international students and those affected by travel restrictions. Advice on fees, visas, and student accommodation.
University of Canterbury
- Canterbury Master Update Site: COVID-19 updates including key contact information and FAQ.
- Insider’s Guide: The UC student blog has some great tips and ideas on connecting and staying well during the crisis.
University of Otago
- Otago Master Update Site: A very comprehensive page listing information for all kinds of students and links to student health services.
- Postponements and cancellations: Handy web page showing events that have been currently cancelled/postponed or are now in digital formats.
Further info + resources
At Niesh, we heavily value taking care of your mind, body and soul. Above are some great resources that students can utilise. If you know a friend that is struggling, we strongly encourage you to share this knowledge with them.