- Be supported in further study and professional development like industry certifications, postgraduate study
- Have a buddy and career coach to give you feedback, support and advice
- Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
Join Deloitte Tax and be part of a passionate team that works hard, celebrates wins and always makes time to have fun along the way!
Deloitte’s Summer Intern program, running from November 2020 to February 2021, is a great way to experience what life is like in our Tax practice by giving you real world exposure to clients and projects. The program is designed to help you make the best career choice by showing you what it’s like working for Deloitte.
What will you get to do?
With a deep expertise in tax, our team gives top-quality, practical advice that’s tailored to our client’s unique circumstances. If you’re looking to build a long-term career in tax and want to deepen your technical expertise in this field, this is your chance to learn from some of the industry’s top taxation experts and work with a variety of top-tier clients ranging from multinational corporations, through to high net-worth individuals. Pretty interesting, right?
Your future starts with us.
With the diversity of work on offer in our supportive teams, we can take you places. You can gain experience across a number of the following areas:
- Business Tax Advisory – We focus on delivering a comprehensive, practical approach to tax planning that helps corporate and international businesses meet their worldwide tax and statutory responsibilities while identifying planning opportunities and providing specialised services to achieve cost efficiencies.
- Transfer Pricing – We work with multinational enterprises to help them understand and apply new global transfer pricing rules to their businesses. We also provide our clients with expertise on international related party transactions and defend them in interactions with tax authorities. Consultants with transfer pricing experience are in high demand around the world, and skills developed in the New Zealand market are relevant throughout your career.
- Indirect Tax – As New Zealand’s leading indirect tax practice, we’re specialists in a broad range of increasingly important indirect taxes including GST and Customs. We’re at the forefront of indirect tax policy and framing national conversations on GST issues. We provide indirect tax consulting and advisory services to our clients whilst also using data analytics and other technologies to offer solutions.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – We provide tax advice to a variety of domestic and international clients to create value and help them achieve their commercial objectives in transactions (e.g. mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments or divestitures). Our involvement can include tax due diligence, structuring, sale documentation review and post-merger integration services.
- Global Employer Services – We help global employers navigate the tax, technology, immigration and mobility aspects through a global network of experts. We help them transform global programmes in a cost-efficient manner and use data analytics, digital insights and other technologies to offer our clients tailored solutions.
- Private Tax & Advisory – We provide advice to some of New Zealand’s most successful privately owned companies, high net worth individuals and not-for-profits. You’ll get to see the full gamut ranging from complex tax structuring, tax effective acquisitions and divestitures, right through to international expansion, succession planning, tax authority interaction and compliance.
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
You’ll possess the following skills;
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, able to work well in team environment
- Phenomenal time management and organisational skills
- Research ability. Sharp, analytical with attention to detail
- Self-awareness with good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
- Resilience and the ability to embrace change
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
- A degree and passion for Commerce and/or Business / Law and a genuine interest in a career in Tax
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
How to Apply
Apply at the Deloitte website or click below with your:
- covering letter,
- and academic transcript.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.