Intern | Applications close March 27th
There’s no better place to kick start your career than at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Te Pūtea Matua.
As New Zealand’s central bank we’re a kaitiaki of Aotearoa’s economy, and we’re recruiting now for Summer Intern positions.
In our Economics, Financial Markets, Supervision, Financial System Policy and Analysis, or Data and Statistics departments, you’ll get first-hand experience of how we maintain New Zealand’s monetary systems and policies.
You won’t just be an observer – you’ll be doing important work right from the start. Ready?
What you can look forward to:
- Quality training and development opportunities, including mentoring from top experts
- A supportive team environment that values work/life balance, social opportunities and having fun
- International stakeholder reach and career opportunities
- A competitive salary and regular reviews, numerous career pathways, and opportunities to experience different areas of this fascinating workplace
We’re looking for interns who:
- are career-driven intellectuals who can work as part of a team
- are curious and analytical critical thinkers
- have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is your big chance to start your career at an influential workplace. You’ll be part of making big decisions about our economy and improving the lives of all New Zealanders. With a great team, supportive mentoring, and any number of potential career pathways including our Graduate Programme, what more could you ask for?
The Intern Analyst is responsible for becoming familiar with the department’s operational functions and undertaking analysis and research related to a broad range of issues relevant to the department.
You will be given the opportunity to contribute to and at times lead, pieces of work within the department you are placed in, with defined deliverables and present your work to other experts at the Bank.
More position description here.
- 1-2 years away from completing your Master’s or Honours degree in economics, finance, mathematics, law and/or accounting
- Available to work with us in Wellington from November 2020 to February 2021
- Be a NZ or Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident
How to Apply
Apply at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand website or click below with:
- A transcript,
- and cover letter.
Applications close March 27th.